Marriage License Requirements
Attention out of state residents
Coming to Florida immediately before your ceremony or leaving on a cruise the day you arrive? We can assist you with obtaining your marriage license by mail. Once you have booked our services for your ceremony. We will help, direct and assist you.
Click Here: Tell us about your Pre Cruise Wedding Plans
Below are the requirements for getting married in the State of Florida and obtaining a marriage license:
- Both parties (bride and groom) age 18 and over must be present when applying for a marriage license.
- You do not have to be a resident of Florida to apply for a marriage license.
- One form of the following identification is required to obtain a marriage license:
- A valid photo ID issued by the state or federal government with the applicant’s correct
legal name, signature, and birth date.
- Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, Alien Registration Card, State of Florida ID are
- Birth certificates or green cards are not acceptable.
- All U.S. Citizens and Residents must provide their Social Security Number.
- Requirements for getting married in Broward County include a second form of ID if a
U.S. Social Security number has been issued. The following forms of proof are accepted:
Original Social Security card, US Military Card, original printed paycheck stub, W-2 form
with applicants name and social security number, SSA Medicare card, Third Party Notice
or Future Benefits Earning Statement from SSA with the complete social security
- No expired ID will be accepted.
- The standard marriage license fee is $93.50
- There is a 3-day waiting period before the marriage ceremony can be performed.
- The only exceptions to the 3-day waiting period are:
- If the applicants reside out-of-state and are able to present valid proof of photo
identification at the time of filing the marriage license application.
- If applicants present a pre-marital course completion certificate at the time of filing the
marriage license application.
- If the couple elects the option to attend a State of Florida pre-marital course from a
registered provider, the marriage license fee is lowered to $61.00 and the waiting
period is waived upon providing a certificate of completion at the time of filing the
application. The optional premarital course may be obtained from a course provider
who is registered with the Clerk of Courts.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 60 days from the date of issue.
- A blood test is not a requirement for getting married in Florida.
- If either applicant has been previously married, the exact date of the last divorce, death, or
annulment must be provided. Copies of the death certificate or Final Decree of Divorce,
Dissolution or Annulment are not required.
Contact Charles Gilbride today for a FREE consultation!
We serve all south Florida from the Palm Beaches to the Florida Keys including Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach.